Number of Visits: 3 - 4 visits
Completion Time: 2 - 3 months
Recovery Period: 1 day
What is a Dental Implant?
It is an artificial tooth root made of titanium which looks like a screw and is both strong and light. The implant is surgically inserted into the jaw to support a replacement tooth. Over time, the jawbone fuses to this metallic analogue.
It comprises of three components –
• Implant: The screw(root) that is placed inside the jawbone
• Abutment: The connector that supports the crown
• Crown: Ceramic cap placed on top of abutment
Why are Implants better than Dental Bridges?
Closest to replicating the look, feel, and function of natural teeth
• No grinding of adjacent teeth.
• More Durable and longer life than bridges.
• Better aesthetics than bridges.
• Better Chewing efficiency than bridges.
Is It A Lengthy Procedure?
Not at all! Whole procedure can be done as fast as in a single visit, But normally it is divided into following visits:
Consultation: CT scan and X-ray are done to check if you’re suitable for the procedure or not. Thus, the dentist will carefully plan the fitting and make sure that none of the existing nerves get harmed.
Treatment: Once deemed suitable, the dentist will surgically place an implant. This takes around 15-20 minutes for one implant.
Follow up: After 6 weeks, when bone has healed, abutment is placed on top of the implant. Our dentists will then take a scan impression to make either a crown, denture or bridge to fit on top of the abutment.
How Should I Care for My Implants?
Once your gums have healed completely after the procedure, you’ll take care of your implant-supported teeth just like you would take care of natural teeth. That includes regular brushing and flossing. You should continue to have regular dental checkups
so that your dentist can monitor the health of your gums and the condition of your implants.
How Long Do They Last?
Implants are meant to serve as long-term, tooth-replacement options. A successful implant that is done properly and taken care of with good oral hygiene can last a lifetime.
Why Choose our Practice for Dental Implants?
• In-house 3D CT Scan for accurate implantation.
• In-house Lab for rapid crown fabrication.
• No more annoying alginate impressions.
• Cerec Technology
: Intra oral Scanning and computerized crown milling.
• We use highly advanced and precise Swiss Implants
• The documented success of our implant is 35 years with a 95% success rate.
SCHEDULE YOUR CONSULTATION TODAY
If you are missing one or more teeth and are looking for a long-lasting replacement option, consider implant tooth. Contact our Dentist in Hong Kong
today to learn how implants can benefit you.
To know more about pricing click here